Can you find and correct the grammar and vocabulary errors?
1. I live in France Paris.
2. The others colours are nice too.
3. I have other question.
4. I booked my holiday on internet.
5. I translated it in my language.
6. Thank you for all.
7. I want to spend more time on studying.
8. I’m watching a new serie on Netflix.
Keep reading to check your answers.
1. I live in Paris, France.
2. The other colours are nice too.
3. I have another question.
4. I booked my holiday on the internet.
5. I translated it into my language.
6. Thank you for everything.
7. I want to spend more time studying.
8. I’m watching a new series on Netflix.
1. Put the city before the country and separate them with a comma.
2. "Other" is an adjective so we cannot add "s".
3. "Another" means one other. We use "other" before plural nouns, and "another" before singular nouns.
(These words can also be used as pronouns. For example:
I'll have another. (Another = another one)
Tell the others. (Others = other people) Here you need "s".)
4. It's always "on the internet".
5. Use "into", not "in", when there is a change from one thing to another.
6. "All" is usually followed by a noun but "everything" is not. For example:
They've eaten everything!
They've eaten all the food.
7. spend time on + noun
How much time did you spend on your homework?
I spent five hours on this essay!
But spend time + ...ing (no "on")
I spend my free time reading and watching TV.
You spend too much time playing computer games!
8. The singular and plural forms are the same: one series, two series. Crazy!
These are real mistakes made by real learners in my Facebook group. If you would like to practise your English, join us in the group! Just search for "Learn English with Katie" or click here.
If you enjoyed this exercise, I have a free worksheet which you can download by clicking the button below.
I also have a Common Mistakes workbook which you can get here:
About the blog
Follow the blog for mini lessons and tips on how to improve your English.